Joining LinkedIn (for those who are not already members)
- Type the following into your Internet Browser in order to open the LinkedIn web site: www.linkedin.com (or follow the hyperlink from this page, preferably in another browser tab or window so you can continue to follow these instructions).
- The homepage shows a box entitled Join LinkedIn Today. To join the group you will need to input the following details: first name, last name, e-mail address and password.
- Once details are added, press the Join Now button.
- The next page to open will state Let's get your professional profile started. You will now be asked to provide some details regarding your profession: employment status, country, postcode, plus (if appropriate) company, job title, industry type etc. Once these have been filled in, press the Create my profile button.
- The web site will now offer to help you search for your existing contacts on LinkedIn: See Who You Already Know on LinkedIn. The web site does this by checking your existing contact address book in your hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc. e-mail account. If you do not wish to do this you can opt to Skip this step.
- Next the web site will confirm your e-mail address by sending an e-mail to the address under which you have registered. Open the e-mail and click the link within it to confirm your e-mail address, as shown below:
- Once you have completed this step a new window will open as shown below. Click Confirm and you will be asked to sign into LinkedIn with the e-mail address and password you provided in step 2.
- Congratulations: you are now a member of LinkedIn.
To find and join the SOUE group, follow the instructions for joining the SOUE group.