Open Day 1996 (Friday 31 May 1996)
The day's events ran as follows:
Informal visits to coursework modules by second-year students.
Seminars by members of the Department and two SOUE members, tea and the Maurice Lubbock Memorial Lecture:
- Dr Peter Dobson : Biosensors: Engineering sensors for biological and medical use
- Dr Peter McFadden : Good vibrations
- Peter Lindsell : Forensic Engineering
- Peter Hale : Optical Fibre - Fiction to Fact
- 22nd Maurice Lubbock Memorial Lecture
Dr Derek Crabb : A History of the Automobile Engine 1970-2014
The day ended with a buffet supper in the Holder Common Room.