Open Day 1995 (Thursday 25 May 1995)
The day's events ran as follows:
Informal visits to coursework modules by second-year students.
Seminars by members of the Department and two SOUE members, tea and the Maurice Lubbock Memorial Lecture:
- Dr Martin Williams : Learning from earthquake damage
- Dr Manus Henry : Sensor validation
- Dr Paul Smith : New directions in pulse power
- David Meikle : Life as an Engineering Consultant
- Robin Herd : Formula 1 and Indianapolis Racing
- 21st Maurice Lubbock Memorial Lecture
Dr James Smith : Electricity - the Common Currency
The day ended with a buffet supper in the Holder Common Room.